donderdag 29 maart 2018

Dinosaur Jr. - The Lung on The Late Late Show in 2005. Five reasons why it doesn't get any better than this.

I have several ideas for new posts and already started writing some but first I wanted to share this great video and give you five reasons why this is one of my favorite youtube clips.



  1. They play my favorite song, 'The Lung' of my favorite Dinosaur album 'You're living all over me'. Such a great song with all the classic Dinosaur Jr. elements, a lot of fuzz and other effects, an awesome J Mascis solo, Lou Barlow's trademark distorted yet melodic bass playing, tight drumming from Murph, the loud-quiet-loud trick, ... It doesn't get any better than this.
  2. This is the first song they played in public with the original line up since 1989. I was so excited when I saw it. Coming back with a bang! The next day they played their first show and a short while later they came over to tour Europe. With me front row off course.  Three great albums followed later. 
  3. J Mascis looks like a wizard with his long grey hair. A guitar wizard that is.
  4. Mascis played a prototype of his signature Fender Jazzmaster that came out a while later. Nobody plays a Jazzmaster like J Mascis.
  5. That guitar solo! Really. Listen to it and then rewind back to 2:27 in the video to listen to it again. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Blogging again! (and hopefully sticking with it!)

 Hello It seems ages since I last wrote a blogpost here. In fact, it has been ages! A lot of things happened since I last posted here: I got...